Motifs at Vivanta by Taj - Malabar, Cochin
Back To Top
- Fishing and Rice Boat: A day of relaxation in true seaside style unfolds at Dolphin’s Point. A toss of the fishing line into the cool waters, a wait for the perfect catch while taking in the soothing scenery and the thrill of hooking a fish with a bit of luck. The chef will be delighted o prepare the catch to taste. The day ends with a delicious meal and conversation at the utterly atmospheric Rice Boat restaurant.
- Romance on Gundu Island: The murmur of waves, whisper of palm fronds and the song of birds make Gundu Island a tranquil retreat. Romance wraps guests so naturally amidst the lush coconut groves on the secluded island as they enjoy its beauty, peace and intimacy. An elaborate lunch, of delicious specialities, adds to the charm of the experience.
- High Tea at Sea: A relaxing cruise aboard the stylish Taj Cinnamon Coast in the evening seems like a trip to another time and place. While guests take in views of the sea and sunset during the hour long ride, the staff serves a lovely high tea of sandwiches, cookies, muffins, light beverages, tea and coffee.
- Breakfast Cruise: The fresh cool of the morning, the crisp air and the expanse of waters is there for the taking! Guests can enjoy an invigorating morning cruise with a breakfast of delicious hot preparations aboard a private yacht. A wonderful way to start the day.
- Backwaters Cruise : A lovely 45 minutes drive to Poothota on the outskirts of Cochin followed by a cruise down the backwaters taking in the rhythm of everyday life in the countryside makes the Backwaters Cruise a most memorable experience. The whisper of lapping waves as the boatman steers the boat with a bamboo stick along palm-fringed canals is nature’s antidote for the city-weary.
The boat passes and pauses by people catching fish, collecting sand and climbing trees to gather coconuts. A halt at a village home for guests to watch and try out making ropes, and to learn local cuisine is followed by a visit to a prawn farm. The cruise takes 3-4 hours and is available in the morning and afternoon.