Motifs at Vivanta by Taj - Bekal, Kerala
Back To Top
- Trip to Bekal Fort: Kerala's largest fort will take your breath away as you explore its history, architecture and terrain. Enjoy a lovely drive to Bekal Fort and then take in all the mighty citadel has to offer. Stand at the very points from where Tipu Sultan’s soldiers defended Bekal. Climb up the giant observatory to watch the sea extend into the horizon. The hotel provides mountain bikes at the site for guests who love to cycle. And there are light refreshments while relaxing after the exploration
- Romantic dinner by the river: Woo your special someone in a special way! By the murmur of the gentle river. As the sun sets painting the sky in tones of orange and gold. As foot tapping music has you on your feet to dance away as the sky changes its hues. Exchange sweet words as the magic of the night casts its spell. And relax over an exquisite gourmet candle-lit dinner at the gazebo by the pool side. The meal -with a choice of seafood grills if you wish and a bottle of wine-is crafted to perfection by Chef Valentine who loves to delight guests with innovative twists and surprise offerings
- Quintessential Kerala: Soak in an indulgent flavour of Kerala. Submit yourself to an authentic aromatherapy massage at the spa and feel your stress melt away. After the experience is another treat - a traditional Kerala Sadya lunch served on a banana leaf. You’ll discover Kerala’s cuisine is much like its topography – earthy, diverse and delightful! Prepared with farm fresh ingredients; with coconut, tamarind and well-ground spices; and garnished with dry fruits, the traditional dishes are surely to tickle your taste buds.
- Kettuvallam Cruise: Cruise down scenic waters in a charming kettuvallam, a traditional houseboat with a thatched roof over a wooden hull. Savour a home-style meal as you hear the whisper of the breeze and the song of the waves. Enjoy the cool of the evening over a cup of tea.
- Visit to a plantation: Set off on a journey through the sleepy town of Bekal. Walk down its red mud lanes to come by beautiful falls hidden away by the green cover. Cross narrow streams that part ways only to meet again at various junctures. Enjoy a scenic drive to a plantation where you trek through banana and rubber plantations blessed with nature’s amazing creations. Stop by at a traditional house and chat with the residents to experience life in a village. And savour a delicious home- cooked vegetarian meal served on a banana leaf.
- Pleasure Hunters: We're sure you can name all the ingredients used in a dish just by sampling it. But will you be able to guess the name of a dish by knowing what ingredients go into them? Enjoy a fun guessing game. We’ll set you and your partner on a mission where you have to team up and crack certain clues to find a set of ingredients that are used in a particular dish. On collecting all of them, you have to guess what the dish is. As a prize the dish will be a part of the three course meal we’ll serve t the end of the game- even if are unable to name it!
- On the fish trail with the Master Chef: Set off on a drive to the local fish market at Uduma with Chef Valentine. Shop for fish that Chef Valentine will prepare for you just the way you like it for dinner. If you wish a lovely candle-lit can be arranged at the Pavilion.